USA Weightlifting Addendum to the IWF TCRR
Weigh Ins for the 13 & Under Category.
The USA Weightlifting Technical Committee, with the support of the USA Weightlifting Board of Directors, have authorized the following addendum to the IWF TCRRs regarding the Weigh In, effective immediately:
USA Weightlifting athletes aged 13 and Under (according to their age on 12/31 of that year), MUST weigh in wearing a singlet at any USA Weightlifting sanctioned competition.
Technical Officials are requested to see the SafeSport measures approved by the USA Weightlifting Board of Directors in July 2017 for further detail on requirements for youth weigh ins.
For the avoidance of doubt, the above rule means that weigh ins for this age category, weigh ins in underwear or any garment less than a singlet is strictly prohibited.
USA Weightlifting Addendum to the IWF TCRR - Singlet
The USA Weightlifting Technical Committee, with the support of the USA Weightlifting Board of Directors, have authorized an addendum to the IWF TCRR 4.2.1 regarding costume. This rule is in effect within any USA Weightlifting sanctioned competition effective immediately. The rule addendum in full is as follows:
Athletes in USA Weightlifting competitions:
• Must cover the entire abdominal area between the chest and pelvis.
• Must be worn as it is designed with the left side strap and right side strap over
each respective shoulder.
• No halters.
• Must fall within the IWF Guidelines for Athletes Outfit (see below.)
• A T-shirt or tank-top worn under the costume may be used to cover the
All Athletes should reference the following on the IWF website:
• Go to Download Section
• Go to Technical Officials (21)
• Go to TOs A Guide To Competitions
• Go to Technical Officials (April 26, 2012)
• Go to IWF Guideline for Athletes Outfit (Technical Officials)
• Download the link